Nurturing is most critical and visibly necessary at moments when our lives take a drastic turn quickly. In truth we can use nurturing all the time. Personally, as someone willing to ride the edge, I have fallen off the edge more than once. I have my little patterns now for recovery, as many of us do. Some of the patterns are about giving into the darkness and despair enough to feel it thoroughly. Some of the patterns have emerged from successful tools I have used for recovering. So, I am thinking about developing something of a Transformation Crisis Nurture Girl Kit.
- list of items to have on hand and what each is for
- list of stretches and other body care ideas and how they help
To nourish the heart
- activities and exercises to tap into love
- resources on the heart, love, and friendship
To nourish the mind
- inquiries and challenges for thinking about situations differently
- quick reference guide to non-violent communication process
To care for the spirit
- list of inspirational quotes – the wisdom of those who have passed this threshold before
- ways to clear space for spiritual reflection
Suffering in transition is a sign of our care and attachment. Having tools at hand for mediating our experience and challenging ourselves to grow and evolve can be invaluable.
What would you want to have in your Crisis Kit? And what do you do – and how are you being – when you or a loved one experience radical transitions?