Thrivability is participating in something great together again.
Thrivability asks us – what might we achieve together that is great? What might we do to flourish? It asks us to move beyond the contraction and fear that resides in “sustainability” framing and create something fun, engaging, lively, creative, agile, resilient, enduring, and evolving.
We teeter on the precipice of the now, look back at all human culture and evolution itself has generated. Do we level up? Or do we fall over? Do we have it in us, together and individually, to co-create something worthy of that legacy? Or are we shame-faced at the errors of our past and retreat from our own creation and the consequences thereof?
If we step forward together, what is it that we create? How do we use what we have to create something more than what is there now? And do so responsibly? Responsibly to our ancestors? Responsibly to our future? Responsibly to each other? So we can collectively gaze back in the mirror on some future day and say we are proud of what we have done?
- Did I connect people in ways that enriched their sense of meaning and purpose in the world?
- Did I give them the information they need to make the best choices for our collective outcome?
- Did I make a meaningful contribution to society? Did I improve the human condition?
- Was I and am I a part of the breakdown or the breakthrough?
- Did I dance gracefully with my follow beings and bring laughter and delight to human existence?
I have many questions. The answers are given each day, by each of us, knowingly or unknowingly.